The Senior / On-Site Test Engineer is responsible for field testing, field installation of equipment and providing solutions based assessments for our customers at utilities, energy generation and delivery companies, and industrial power users. Must be able to take on complex assignments. This role is based in and requires travelling within the EMEA region but predominantly UK
Job Skills & Requirements
- Performs field service jobs for customers.
- Serves as a consultant to customers to resolve issues with their high voltage equipment.
- Writes technical reports on the results of testing and inspection of the customer site using results of testing/monitoring, research and personal expertise.
- Commissions high voltage measuring, diagnosis and monitoring systems.
- Commissions products, including installation on site.
- Provides customer service actions that result in meeting the customer's requests with full satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintain strong relationships throughout the service process and maintain an ongoing dialogue with all assigned clients.
- Finds ways to increase sales for both service and equipment.
- Provides engineering support to other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's Degree - Graduate engineer (university or technical college) or technician in electrical engineering or industrial engineer
Equivalent experience, skills and/or education may be used if education requirement is not met
- Experience in the field of electric power engineering as an on-site High Voltage Electrical Engineer, maintenance technician, fitter or similar position.
- A thorough knowledge of High Voltage transformer testing practices.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in testing of transformers as well as interpretation of test results.
- A professional demeanour.
- A history of working safely.
- The skills to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications especially in English. This includes being able to make presentations and public speaking to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and perform work activities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels.
- A self-starter work style which acts in proactive manner.
- Proven project management skills and ability to meet critical deadlines.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A strong customer services orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, most specifically Excel.
- Must be able to travel domestically within the UK and internationally within the region (40-50%).
Other Helpful Knowledge or Exp
- Experience in offshore projects.
- Fluency in additional languages (verbally and written) such as Spanish, French, or Arabic.
- Experience working at a utility.
- Prior experience working with testing and monitoring equipment would be an advantage but not essential.
Core values / Soft & Hard Skills needed
- Creativity: Must be able to generate unique solutions to solve new and existing customer problems in a timely way
- Industry Knowledge: Must be able to use depth of industry knowledge to enhance support to customers.
- Analytical Skills: Must be able to analyze problems from internal and external stakeholders.
- Energy: must thrive in a sales-driven, fast-paced team environment, focused on supporting our customers
- Self Management: Proven ability to drive and manage initiatives with management input as needed.