ICA Commissioning Engineer
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
Location: Home based within the Central Belt of Scotland
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for an ICA Commissioning Engineer to work for a brilliant System Integrator who are rapidly increasing their presence in Scotland.
The successful candidate will be home based whilst testing and commissioning industrial Automation and Control Systems primarily across Scotland's canal network.
* Testing and commissioning industrial Automation and Control Systems
* Delivering client training
* Preparing and Performing Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
* Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and call-out support
* Providing out of hours call-out provision (managed via a rota)
* Supervision of sub-contractors and management of their contracts and activities in conjunction with the Projects Team.
* Contribute to all aspects of project health and safety life cycle. Identification of hazards and evaluation of risk in all phases of the project (design, manufacture, install, construct, test, commission, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal). Supported in this by the Health and Safety department.
* Production of technical documentation, typically but not limited to, specifications, drawings, schedules, bill of materials, test procedures, operating and maintenance manuals and other documentation for the project.
* Purchasing of materials and services in conjunction with the Service Director
* Software coding and configuration for SCADA or HMI interfaces.
* A minimum of 2 years' practical experience in control engineering or electrical engineering.
* HND/Degree in Engineering
* SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives Knowledge
* Practical problem solver
* Customer facing with good communication skills
* Ability to work to procedures in detail
* Highly motivated and disciplined.
* Hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel and work away from home.