Role: Laboratory Chemist - ICP
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Chemist to join a Global Test Laboratory based in Deeside. You will ideally have experience in ICP-OES within water/effluent testing.
- Responsible for the technical management of the test facility ensuring all test activities are carried out in accordance with the appropriate documented test procedures.
- Managing the laboratory workload so results are reported in a timely manner in accordance with client expectations.
- Manage maintenance and calibration programs for laboratory equipment including completion of associated records.
- Manage/perform PTP and IRR testing.
- Manage sub-contract activities as required and provide financial update to Operations Manager.
- Review technical standards and update internal procedures.
- Manage/perform validation of procedures and techniques.
- Manage consumables budget for test facility
- Supervise continuous improvement initiatives within the chemistry laboratory.
- Ensure Health & Safety is enforced in managed areas.
- attend daily SQDC meeting
- Support the technical operation of the test facility.
- Liaise with customers regarding technical and status queries relating to testing activities.
- Perform testing where required.
- Reviewing and authorising test certificates and reports to ensure that they are accurate, factually correct and comply with the relevant regulatory (i.e UKAS/Nadcap) and test standard requirements.
- Ensure calibration and daily checks on equipment are carried out on time and correctly.
- Prepare and participate with customer/accreditation body audits
- Provide Technical expertise for NCR's raised through audits, complaints and anomalous activities.
- Take responsibility for the work of others in the test facility by:
- Supervising the testing operations relating to the specialist capabilities of the laboratory.
- Manage technical training and perform appraisals of staff within the test facility.
- Scientific degree in an appropriate discipline
- Extensive experience of working in a chemistry laboratory
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of instrumental chemical analysis.
- A broad knowledge of the classification of industrial alloy systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule planning and control.
- Knowledge of relevant quality systems (e.g. UKAS/ISO 9001/17025)
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety systems and environmental regulations
- Experienced ICP-OES, ideally with a water/effluent testing background