Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an Industrial IT Engineer to be based in Telford, Shropshire.
Our Client offers a full range of system integrator services to a wide range of UK and overseas customers including full design, manufacturing and test facilities on-site. They have experience and application knowledge in industries including, but not limited to, automotive, metals, marine, rubber, plastics, paper, transportation, materials handling and general manufacturing.
Reporting to the Projects & Engineering Director, the Industrial IT Engineer will design, deploy, test and maintain Industrial IT systems (including SCADA), utilising Industrial software.
* To implement Industrial IT solutions across a range of industries and applications.
* To ensure that SCADA design is efficiently and effectively applied to all projects allocated.
* Ensure adherence to all appropriate industry standards and regulations and in accordance with customer specifications.
* Provide a high quality service to customers, whilst delivering Industrial IT solutions and SCADA/HMI projects in line with the Company's philosophy.
* Maintain the Company's reputation as a leading edge systems integrator.
Responsibilities of the Industrial IT Engineer:
* To handle various industrial projects involving detail design (hardware and software) with special responsibility for SCADA, HMI and MES.
* Develop, test and maintain SCADA / HMI systems.
* Network design and commissioning.
* Industrial IT security.
* Assembly, installation and configuration of industrial computers.
* Visits to customer sites where required to ensure smooth flow of the project.
* On-site commissioning of completed project, if required
* To ensure that all design deliverables meet company standards and to work alongside Project Engineers assigned to the projects.
* Comply with all relevant standards and work to the Company's ISO9001:2008 registered quality procedures.
* To comply with all Company procedures as defined in various documents including the Quality Manual, Staff Manual and Health & Safety Manual.
* Be pro-active in supporting other company activities such as supporting fellow engineers, training, and assisting with sales and site support
* To maintain good relationships with customers, suppliers and company staff.
* Other duties as required.
Abilities, Knowledge and Experience:
* HND, Foundation degree or degree in Software engineering or Computer Science
* Working knowledge of networking.
* Ability to work either individually or as part of a team.
* Able to manage and document the information required for a successful project.
* Knowledge of SCADA/HMI software and products.
* Previous Experience in industrial control systems.
* Cisco Systems knowledge
* Cloud engineering knowledge
* Experience with virtualization software.
Desirable Product Experience:
* C, C++
* VBS, VBA, .Net
* Windows XP,7,10
* Windows 2008,2012 Server
* Routing & Switching
* Firewalls, Gateways, VPN
* Remote monitoring
* Siemens WinCC
* Siemens TIA Portal
* Rockwell Factory Talk View
* Rockwell RSView32
* Wonderware InTouch
* Ethernet TCP/IP