The role will involve working with internal and Client document control teams, Initiative and problem solving skills are a must, as are strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience implementing document control procedures, and managing Common Data Environments (CDE) / Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) at an administrator level.
- Management of CDE - Undertake day to day management of the system, adding and maintaining user accounts and security groups. Respond to ad-hoc requests from users to move or rename any incorrectly uploaded file / document.
- Interface with Project Team and other agreed stakeholders - Act as the main point of contact for all queries and requests relating to the CDE system.
- Provide CDE training and maintain training log - Organise and undertake regular training sessions on the purpose and use of the system for new users and refresher training for existing users. Provide training and guidance of file naming protocols. Create and maintain training logs.
- Provide training and guidance for the Document Controller function - Organise and undertake DC level training sessions on the purpose, linking and use of the system.
- Maintain Container Configuration & Workflows - Undertake regular checks on file / document links across the system and fix as required. Undertake regular checks of file / document workflows and release / move-on any locked workflows.
- Develop and Maintain User guides - Prepare and update training packs, system user guides and quick reference sheets.
- Manage system compliance and provide compliance reports - Undertake weekly compliance audits with regards to file naming, file storage locations, user access and provide reports.
- Assist with project set-ups on CDE - Create new project sites from agreed Template and assign users.
- Support Programme Advisor & Work-stream Assurance - Provide ad-hoc reports and information on system usage, compliance and assist with ad-hoc requests relating to user activity.
- Maintain User Directories, IM Protocol and File naming protocol - Update and maintain the user access.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- Experienced Senior Document Controller with 5+ year's relevant experience.
- Administrator level experience of managing Common Data Environments (CDE) / Electronic Document Management
- Systems (EDMS)
- Development of document control processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to stay on focus and carry out tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Migrating data between systems.
- Gaining an understanding of the services being offered by the team and seek to more effectively communicate with clients and external organisations.
- Developing excellent working relationships with the client and contractors/consultants involved in the provision of services.
Highly Desirable (but not essential):
- To be conversant Experience in engaging with stakeholders to analyse and define changes to an EDMS to accommodate changing project requirements.
- Set up and maintenance of workflows within a CDE / EDMS.
- Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in the context of Document Control.
- Experience working in a site environment an advantage.
- Project Managers
- Site Managers
- Clients and External Organisations
- Administration Team