Key test methods include:
- Point to point wiring checks
- LVD electrical safety checks (Flash test, insulation resistance and earth bond)
- Power up, fusing and functionality checks
Key Technologies include:
- Protection & Control based automation panels (PLC/RTU/Protection Relays/etc).
- IT cubicles which may contain computing and networking equipment
- Peripheral equipment including printers, scanners etc.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and competent in testing wired assemblies up to full cubicles:
- Have worked within an ISO 9001 compliant quality system
- Will be proficient in the use of electronic multi-meters and other test equipment
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams, general assembly prints, wiring schedules and parts lists
- Understand and implement test procedures and instructions
- Inspect cubicles in line with Company standards.
- Maintain/complete test documentation and reports
- Current driving licence
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites to install, test and commission equipment
- The ability to work towards SC Clearance
Applicants should possess a nationally recognised technical qualification in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, e.g HNC/HND, 17th Edn C&G2382 & Inspection & Test C&G2394/2395, completed a modern apprenticeship or similar, and have strong practical skills gained through experience.