INTERNAL SALES ENGINEER - TELECOM - HAMPSHIRE
A global leader in the world of testing and product certification is now looking for an Internal Sales Engineer to perform quotations, handle incoming telephone and email enquiries and identify suitable solution based packages.
This is a great opportunity to join the Commercial Team working with the latest technologies at the forefront of the testing, inspection and certification field. You will be working as part of a dynamic sales team in partnership with technical experts to react to customer requirements to offer tailored solutions covering a whole portfolio of compliance services.
* Own and manage quotation generation from allocated accounts
* Handle incoming telephone, email and website enquiries
* Identify and provide solution based packages from the service portfolio
* Fast and effective generation of quotations and proposals using CRM tool, following up in order to convert quotations to orders
* Utilise the CRM system to load incoming enquiries, assign to relevant salesperson, compile and validate prospect lists and maintain records
* Support the team with the facilitation of client meetings and tours of the facilities
A technical aptitude is essential, with the successful candidate demonstrating an ability to develop an understanding of technical information and embed this learning within their work.
* Knowledge of marine regulations and accreditations and classification society requirements
* Need to be in the network contacts for SOLAS and fire equipment class society
* Understanding of the Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU and associated harmonised test standards
* Understanding of the North American approval schemes (FCC (USA) & ISED Canada) and the Australian and New Zealand approval scheme for Radio products
* Working knowledge of one of the following core areas; Radio Frequency testing, EMC testing, Safety testing or Certification
* Knowledge of Radio industry technologies; WLAN, Bluetooth, Cellular - 2/3/4/5G, Short Range Devices - 433/868MHz, RFiD
* Good interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with customers and prospects
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint
* Product testing, inspection and certification knowledge
* Based commutable to the company's Hampshire office
* Knowledge of Industry bodies and standardisation institutes such as ETSI, 3GPP, PTCRB, GCF, CENELEC, CISPR
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company and be instrumental in driving sales forward. For further information apply to Melanie Mortin now.
Russell Taylor is a Recruitment Company and has full authorisation to advertise this role.