Internal Sales and Technical Support Engineer - Wirral
A leading player in measurement technology, this organisation has over 50 years of consistent, high-performance and bespoke solutions to precision measurement requirements. They have extensive research and development capabilities and can offer bespoke solutions when required, giving their customers a real competitive advantage. They are a truly global company with offices across Mainland Europe, UK, America and Asia.
Due to company growth and expansion in the product portfolio, they are now looking for a proactive and technical individual to take on the role of Technical Sales & Support Engineer at their UK head offices on the Wirral.
This position is a truly technical internal role, where you will be utilising your engineering background in order to develop and consult with customers. The role will include the following responsibilities;
- Manage incoming queries and technical support enquiries by assessing and prioritising tasks
- Becoming a technical expert in your product portfolio by continuously learning and developing your understanding of their capabilities
- Consistently ensure outstanding technical support is provided to all clients
- Liaise with Internal/External sales teams to ensure you gain the most out of every opportunity
- Attend visits with the external sales team to provide technical support as and when required
- Understand product features & benefits and how to relay them back to customers
- be a true technical expert in your product categories
This position requires occasional travel to customer sites, UK exhibitions and other company sites across Europe.
- Experience with Automation products, measurement sensors, vision camera systems or other automation equipment is preferred
- Engineering background, ideally with experience or qualifications of one of the following;
- Mechanical Systems
- Controls Engineer
- Electrical - drives, sensors, PLC's
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Efficient and willing to learn
- Ability to build long-lasting relationships with a variety of people, both colleagues and customers alike
- Ability to converse at a strong technical level via telephone
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office
- A good understanding of C family software is desired although not essential
In return, you will be provided with extensive and continuous training on all of their products and systems. This is a long-term opportunity to join a well-established, expanding organisation.
A Competitive basic salary is on offer dependent on experience, plus many other benefits! Apply now for more information! Russell Taylor is acting as an Employment Agency and has full authority to advertise this position.