Junior Applications Chemist/ Analytical Chemist
Location: Ellesmere Port
Hours: Monday to Friday (days)
Additional: My client offers a fantastic benefits package, which includes (but not limited to):
Health cover, up to 15% pension contribution after successful probation (5% matched prior to that), upto 10% annual bonus, parking onsite etc.
Russell Taylor Group is working with one of the UKs leading Chemical companies; being ideally situated in Ellesmere Port, the successful candidate will be working a key part of the R&D (small scale) - function on a range of products (e.g. additives for fuels, performance chemicals, homecare/agrochemicals etc). This impressive facility boasts state of art equipment and the successful candidate will be carrying out key experiments, often improvising (with support); to create a range of testing equipment types and methods/ tweaking.
Basic Role Outline:
- Undertaking scientific work, resulting in the development of new products as directed by Research Chemists/Platform Leader
- Carrying out experimental laboratory work as directed and collating and communicating experimental and analytical results
- Delivering technical input to the overall programme as planned and directed
- Responsibility for providing monthly updates as requested by Research Chemists/Platform Leader
- Developing an awareness of product developments in project areas, as specified by Platform Leader / GBT
- Building an awareness of available/developing research tools in specific project areas
- Key competencies to include problem solving capability, focus on deliverables and the ability to work as part of a team
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Chemistry based discipline (Organic Chemistry focused).
- The ideal candidate will have some experience working in a commercial lab/ industry experience.
- Will be a natural problem solver and have a genuine passion for Chemistry and wanting to run experiments.
- Solid interpersonal skills needed