Role: - Junior Certification Engineer -Electrical / Electronic
Location:- Chester, Northwest, UK
Environment:- Office/desk based with some time spent in the labs and manufacturers labs.
Benefits: - Life assurance, pension scheme, after 6 months you will get access to private medical health insurance, discretionary bonus, cycle to work scheme, £200 per year towards fitness and health. After 1 years' service, further benefits are provided.
Russell Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a junior Engineer (electronic/electric) to join a Global Company based near Chester. You will be under direct supervision by a qualified certification Engineer and will be involved with helping complete certification projects and making assisted technical decisions through training,
- Will handle a small number of projects, working closely with mentor to ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Learn and develop an understanding of the company's certification processes, accreditations and quality management procedures.
- Will perform contract review, evaluation, and test plans under supervision.
- Testing to specific standards under supervision- setting up equipment
- Collaborates with Lab Technicians to create a work order looking at how many samples are required and to determine applicable tests.
- Classifies product by use, environment, and function.
- Determines sample requirements and method / location for testing evaluation best suited to customers' needs.
- Conducts pre-assessment with assistance, of equipment to ensure the unit is equipped with the proper components.
- With assistance, evaluates products against requirements of standards.
- Prepare Certification reports, Certificates of Compliance, and documentation for the qualified certification engineer.
- Suggest new client opportunities for company growth to the sales team.
- Prepare project quotations for cost and time.
- Explains the different product certification programs available to clients
- Provides client feedback to mentor, Manager, Team Leader, Project Holder or Sales Rep as appropriate.
- Degree qualified in Electronic/Engineering or equivalent industry experience (Certified Engineering Technologist, Journeyman Electrician etc.)
- 1-2 years industry experience in manufacturing / industry / design
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation and general laboratory procedures.
- Happy to work under supervision and strive to become more knowledgeable in national / international standards through research and technical articles.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated and client-service oriented
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to interpret reports.