We are looking for a Junior Planning Engineer to work on our client's Project Controls Framework in Kent. As a Junior Planning Engineer, you will be responsible for providing planning support working with Project Managers to develop and manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost.
Our client's role is to provide project controls and commercial managed services to portfolios and programmes of work across UK's nuclear power stations. As part of this work, they will develop people capability in core project control skills and provide specialist support to Central Technical Organisations to improve project performance and deliver cost efficiencies.
· Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects
· Establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with their processes
· Capture project budgetary costs and resources in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget
· Establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures in terms of project scope
· Work with the Project Manager and Project team to establish the project activities, cost and durations and ensure that these reflect project scope, constraints, and commitments. Challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance
· Interface with other departments regarding the project's activities which may have an impact and ensure correctly captured
· Facilitate acceptance of and ensure that the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable
· Ensure that any necessary planning interface with the site Work Management Process (WMP) is established
· Maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance
· Ensure the reasons for, and the factors influencing each change to the project's baseline plan plus the implications of such change are understood and communicated with the wider project team.
· Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies
· Challenging schedule and cost variances against the baseline plan
· Integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan
· Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Primavera (P6) trained and experienced
· Experience in building cost and resource loaded plans
· Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment
· Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment
· High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills
· Excellent MS Office skills, well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience