Key Account Manager - South Hampshire
A leading provider of testing, certification, training and consultancy services are currently expanding their sales team. The company cover a range of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Manufacturing, Nuclear and many more. They ensure products are safe, reliable and compliant, minimising liability risks and offering peace of mind.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing the test and certification projects for customers primarily focused in the Defence and Aerospace business. You will be responsible for managing a number of large key accounts as well as;
* Delivering on Key Customer Requirements
* Develop relationships to grow the business
* Managing one-stop projects for key accounts
* Manage strategic relationships to ensure pipeline plans are developed
* Commercial manager of key accounts to retain and grow sales
* Hold regular calls with Accounts to monitor on going and upcoming projects
* Provide quotes and ensure all quote are technically validated.
This role is located at the company's South Hampshire office with occasional visits involved.
The ideal Key Account Manager will have previous sales experience as well as the following;
* Educated to minimum HNC Level or equivalent in engineering/technical expertise
* Experience within Aerospace and Defence industry
* Ability to understand customers' needs and perspectives, their internal processes and able to develop solutions by working with the customer
* A good understanding of financial issues and commercial fundamentals. Understand key profit drivers and how functions can contribute to profitability of the business
* Proven track record of technical judgements and commercial awareness
* Results orientated, self-motivated, and driven sales individual
* Organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
* Team player with a positive "can do" attitude who positively engages with colleagues and customers
* Competent with Microsoft Office skills
The opportunity offers a competitive salary package and a modern working environment with a subsidised on-site Restaurant and Gym. The site is close to bus and train routes and close to a motorway.