Role: Lab Tech / Analysts (Organic / Inorganic)
Location: Cambridge / Newmarket
Salary: Depending on experience
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an Analyst with a strong Chemistry Background looking for a new role in Cambridge. You will work days 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Working within the Inorganics / Organics department for a well branded testing company.
- Preparation of samples as identified from work schedules
- Enter results onto LIMS to assist with the generation of accurate and timely data in line with client expectations and UKAS standards
- Interpretation of chromatographic data
- Assistance in the maintenance of QC and sample data in an accurate and ordered manner in compliance with our clients quality systems.
- Assistance in maintenance programmes for the Departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the Departments.
- Maintenance procedures shall ensure that instruments are kept in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
- Maintenance, storage and labelling of adequate stocks of reagents and standards.
- Solve basic problems with laboratory tests and consult with the Divisional Manager when turnaround deadlines cannot be met with reasons and proposals to remedy the problem.
- Consultation with the Divisional Manager when insufficient resources are available to fulfill the duties of the Department. Person:
- Must have a HNC / Degree - Science.
- Minimum of 6 months work experience.
- ISO 17025 / ISO 14001 / UKAS standards would be an advantage.
- Good attention to detail.
Familiar with instrumentation; ICP-OES / ICP-MS / HPLC / GC-MS / GC-FID