Lab Technician/Materials Scientist - Engineering Manufacturing
Location: Gloucester, Hardwicke
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 DOE
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week; 08:00-16:45 Monday-Thursday and 08:00-12:30 on Fridays.
Additional: 15% discretionary bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Up to 6% pension/ matched, Life insurance x4, Access to lifestyle benefits website, Cycle to work scheme, Onsite parking
Russell Taylor is working with a major - Global Engineering manufacturing organisation on this exciting role; this role has come about through growth and the company is going through a major re brand and company change currently so it's a great time to join. The company employees over 300 staff and the Gloucester site is the main HQ for the UK.
The Lab Technician will: assist with the development & testing of composite subsea/s insulation/s, fire protection materials and buoyancy products by carrying out lab studies:
Main responsibilities include:
- Following precise instructions in the preparation of a range of test samples
- Setting up all appropriate equipment for testing
- Efficiently reporting on results from the studies
- Maintaining tools and equipment, including cleaning and safe storage
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping; taking pride in your working areas
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems
Will hold a Degree in a relevant - Scientific or Materials Science field
Will have laboratory testing experience (physical testing, wet chem etc) in an UKAS accredited lab.
Strong interpersonal skills.