Laboratory Manager - QC Analytical
Hours: Days (8:00am -5:00pm Monday - Friday)
Our Client are a leading - multi sited Nutritional Manufacturer who are going through significant growth, which has led to opportunities in the QC/QA and RA functions.
Reporting to the Head of Quality, the QC Laboratory Manger will be responsible for the enforcement of laboratory procedures to ensure high quality output of the laboratory.
- Managing and development of all laboratory staff
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of a training plan for themselves and employees maintaining training records to GMP and ISO 17025 standards
- Creation, maintenance and implementation of a full set of Standard Operating SOP's for the laboratory, ensuring they are adhered to and kept current to GMP and ISO 17025
- Working with the Head of Quality to ensure the Laboratory Quality Manual is current and reflects current practise
- Maintenance of update equipment logs and validation records
- Liaising with regulatory bodies and organisations to ensure the quality of test methods is maintained
- Being instrumental in ensuring accreditation for the laboratory on-going ISO17025 and GMP
- Conducting internal audits, both system audits, and method witnessing audits. Assist in external audits where required.
- Testing of samples along with analysts (HPLC, Autotitration, FTIR, UV-Vis, melting point, Viscosity, pH, manual titration, GC, AAS)
- Manage the investigation of OOS results
- Manage the deviation process
- Evaluation of research and development proposals from customers for approving and overseeing the requirements, and implementing validation studies where required.
- Method Development & Validation - to manage method development and validation projects where required.
- Attendance of regular staff and cross departmental meetings
- To deputise for the Head of Quality
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Scientific Discipline (Chemistry related)
- Will have previous Management/ proven Leadership experience in a 17025 accredited Lab
- Proven experience in using HPLC and ASS as well as all standard chemical testing techniques such as titrations, pH, Karl Fisher, Polarimetry, UV-Vis and TLC
- A solid understanding of QC related activities (audit, OOS etc)
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills.