LABORATORY MANAGER - STEVENAGE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global leader in Calibration and manage their Laboratory in Stevenage.
A truly global company who are specialists in calibration and asset management services, this dynamic business are present in 19 countries and operate in over 30. With nearly 3,000 employees worldwide they service a unique blend of over 35,000 clients annually, providing an exceptional "one-stop-shop" solution for all. They are one of the largest calibration companies internationally, and have a strong market hold in the Aerospace and Defence industries across the UK.
* Technical Qualification such as degree, HND/HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above
* Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred
* Technical experience over a number of different disciplines within the industry
* Proven ability to build strong working relationships internally within the Management team.
* Experienced line manager with performance management expertise.
* Change management - proven experience in implementing & driving change to increase efficiency and productivity.
* Ability to mentor and coach junior employees.
* Team player; maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the branch and with the other UK branches.
* Ability to persuade and influence others.
* Proactive approach towards key decisions for the business in line with UK strategy.
* Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word and internal software systems.
Reporting to the Operations Manager of the Stevenage branch, your main purpose is to manage the calibration and repair activity within the branch and to guide and act as a mentor to the engineering departments to ensure they deliver a first class service, providing high quality information and support.
You will ensure the workflow is efficient and cost effective, ensuring the smooth every day running of the departments and that KPIs are met and key objectives are reached and maintained. Other responsibilities include;
* Oversee the engineering processes within the branch.
* Ensure Team Leaders plan the daily work schedule, and provide support for the preparation and provision of technical quotes and test specifications, handling technical enquiries.
* Automate production process & Improve productivity of the labs.
* Provide a strong customer service focus for both internal and external customers.
* Reduce the subcontracting expenditure & reduce the number of sub-contractors.
* Participate in external & internal audits within the customer facilities. Also report future audits to the Quality Manager in line with programme requirements.
* Overall responsibility for the technical and administrative maintenance and calibration of all equipment; ensure that you and staff under your control execute all work properly and safely to the correct procedure using the appropriate equipment.
* Complete all work within the budget costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader who support and encourage their staff for personal development.
The role comes with a competitive basic salary, 25 days holiday + Statutory, Healthcare, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, Flexible Benefits Programme and Perkbox.
For more information please apply now or call Russell Taylor and ask for Melanie Mortin.
Russell Taylor is an Employment Business and are acting on behalf of their client for this role.