LABORATORY MANAGER - STEVENAGE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global leader in Calibration and manage their Laboratory in Stevenage.
Offering a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexible benefits programme, and Perkbox. There is also recognised development programmes in Engineering, Business and Management to support employee's careers.
A truly global company who are specialists in calibration and asset management services, this dynamic business are present in 19 countries and operate in over 30. With over 3,000 employees worldwide they service a unique blend of over 35,000 clients annually, providing an exceptional "one-stop-shop" solution for all. They are one of the largest calibration companies internationally, and have a strong market hold in the Aerospace and Defence industries across the UK.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Laboratory Manager's role is to manage the calibration and repair activity within the branch and to guide and act as a mentor to the engineering departments to ensure that they deliver a first class service, providing high quality information and support.
You will ensure that workflow is efficient and cost effective, ensuring the smooth every day running of the departments, ensuring that KPI's are met and key objectives are reached and maintained.
* Managing different domains within a large laboratory
* Ensure timely completion in the Laboratory of all work within the scope of the team by supervising and coordinating to ensure full utilisation of technician capabilities
* Prioritising to accommodate turn-around times
* Managing overtime and subcontracting reduction to meet both P&L targets and customer expectations
* Reduce the subcontracting expenditure and reduce the number of subcontractors
* Coordinate efforts in the development of automated procedures into the Lab
* Automate production processes and improve productivity of the lab
* Implement the investment plan into the Lab
* Provide a strong customer service focused on customers' satisfaction for both internal and external customers
* Oversee the engineering processes within the branch
* Ensure Team Leaders plan the daily work schedule and provide support for the preparation and provision of technical quotes and test specifications, handling technical enquiries
* Participate in external and internal audits within the facilities and report future audits to the Quality Manager
* Overall responsibility for the technical and administrative maintenance and calibration of all equipment, ensuring that work is executed properly and safely in accordance with the correct procedures
* Complete all work within the budget costs and target dates
* Technical Qualification such as degree, HND/HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above
* Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred
* Technical experience over several different disciplines within the industry
* Proven ability to build strong working relationships internally within the Management team.
* Experienced line manager with performance management expertise.
* Change management - proven experience in implementing & driving change to increase efficiency and productivity.
* Ability to mentor and coach junior employees.
* Team player; maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the branch and with the other UK branches.
* Ability to persuade and influence others.
* Proactive approach towards key decisions for the business in line with UK strategy.
* Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word and internal software systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation and be instrumental in driving their Stevenage branch forward.
For more information please apply now or call Russell Taylor and ask for Melanie Mortin.
Russell Taylor is an Employment Business and are acting on behalf of their client for this role.