Laboratory Supervisor - LC-MS / LC-MS/MS
Based in Bedfordshire
Salary will depend on experience up to £45,000
Benefits include Share Incentive scheme and the ability to buy up to 5 additional holidays
Our client, a major multinational company are looking to appoint a Laboratory Supervisor to oversee the work of up to 15 staff within their Liquid Chromatography Laboratory - covering LC-MS, LC-MS/MS as well as additional techniques including Ion Chromatography (IC) and HPLC.
The lab is a fast paced environment where you will be analysing a wide range of substances across multiple sectors on behalf of the company's clients.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in operating, troubleshooting and method development of LC-MS/MS test methods.
The client offers excellent opportunities for career advancement. Please apply now to be considered!
- Manage staff and workloads to maximise output and meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for technical performance of all methods within the Section, ensuring that all methods are fit for purpose.
- Responsible for the development, optimisation and validation of methods for analysis of a range of trace and ultra-trace environmental contaminants in complex matrices.
- Provides technical oversight for the Section, providing technical guidance to staff working within the Section.
- Provide a horizon scanning function for emerging technologies, methodologies and analytical requirements that can ensure differentiation from other laboratories and which make a material impact on the profitability of the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of Liquid Chromatography-based techniques.
- Developed and validated testing methods using LC-based techniques, ideally to ISO17025 or similar.
- Proven experience of working in a high throughput laboratory with short turnaround times
- Experience of managing people and processes to deliver to agreed outcomes
- Experience in the environmental, water or food sectors.
For further details and to apply please contact Johnathan Miller at Russell Taylor.