Laboratory Team Leader, Organics - GC / GC MS
Location: Chester, Deeside area
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Hours: Full time Monday - Friday
Our Client, a Global Testing company, is looking to recruit for an experienced GC Analyst with supervisory experience; in return they will be rewarded with a bright future in management working for a major testing company and running a large team of analysts.
This role will be key in managing successfully the associated tasks to the daily work of the department, ensuring a close relationship and strong and effective communication with other areas of the laboratory and customer services and maintaining a keen focus on Quality and Training.
- Develop individuals within the team using the Company's training and development processes, identifying talented individuals, and considering succession planning.
- Assisting with GC - GC/MS/ GC FID test work and training staff on such activities; whilst also supporting with maintenance.
- Lead and manage appropriate HR procedures in accordance with our Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and deliver appropriate training to team members, as required.
- Manage the laboratory, in line with company policies and procedures. To include the management of their working hours using our Company's Time Management System in line with the relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are trained in the use of any supporting software systems and that such systems are being fully utilised.
- Lead and maintain an appropriate Health & Safety regimes ensuring risk assessments etc. are conducted.
- Lead and maintain appropriate Quality Control procedures in accordance with their Quality Management System.
- Manage equipment, perform maintenance and minimise downtime.
- Use KPIs generated to work with other members of the management team/departments to ensure that the laboratory meets their customer demands and workload is managed effectively.
- Prioritise, allocate and monitor work among team members as necessary.
- Implement or facilitate improvements within the work area.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant, Scientific discipline or have significant experience in GC - GC MS testing.
- GC MS/ GC FID testing (industry only) in a UKAS setting is ESSENTIAL
- Will have previous managerial or supervisory experience again ESSENTIAL for this role