Role: - Laboratory Technical Manager Location: - Chester Salary: - Highly competitive Benefits: - Competitive bonus scheme, flexible working hours, life insurance, pension scheme, accident & travel insurance, including many more benefits after the probation period.
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Lab Technical Manager to join a Global Testing Company in the Northwest. The role will include supporting Laboratory and Certification staff in the UK and on a global scale and must have experience managing a team. The individual must have an electrical/gas-based background and have experience working to ISO 17025, UKAS accreditation experience and knowledge of working to various standards.
Majority of the work will be based in both a desk and laboratory environment.
- No direct reports- but supporting of laboratory and certification staff on a UK and global scale ensuring all work carried out in the laboratories is to a professional standard and in accordance with procedures.
- Working to ISO 17025
- Ensure that accreditation requirements are met (UKAS)
- Authorize issue of relevant certificates and reports
- Identify and advise on research testing and test development projects.
- Monitor financial performance ensuring that budget is adhered to
- Assist in strategic planning
- Evaluate the technical performance and support the negotiations for purchasing with the suppliers and prepare recommendations to the management.
- Analyse and incorporate new test equipment
The Person: -
- Lead/managerial role working in a 17025 lab- a number of years' experience is essential for this role
- Have previous experience in leading an external UKAS audit - supported RCA, FMEA, risk analysis and corrective actions
- Background of Electrical and/or gas testing, such as temperature rise/similar or tests with the use of a gas mixture
- Has knowledge on the process of accreditation/scope expansion
- Experience of writing internal/external test reports
- Peer review of reports
- Review of calibration equipment certificates and out of tolerance reports and final signatory to release into service
- Conducts competency reviews on team members to ensure test capability
- Updating and implementing operating procedures