Role: - Laboratory Technician (Micro)-QC/R&D
Salary: - Entry level (DOE)
Location: - Liverpool
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity to join a growing medical device/diagnostic company in Liverpool. If you hold a BSc/MSc in Life Sciences (micro, molecular biology, biomedical science, biology etc) and have 1-2 years laboratory experience in the commercial industry then please apply within.
- Provide general housekeeping of the laboratory
- Perform Microbiology & molecular biology tasks to help aid the development and release of new products
- Provide high standard of technical support to the staff of the company
- Safely dispose of laboratory waste
- Maintain accurate records of calibration of equipment and monitor the equipment to ensure compliance and regulatory requirements
- Prepare culture media and simple reagent solutions
- Maintain supplies of pipettes, tips, loops, prepared culture media for day to day use.
- Contact suppliers to order consumable items whilst collecting and sorting deliveries
- Rinse, wash, dry & return all glassware and reusable containers to their allocated storage each day. Also ensure that freezers are maintained on a day to day basis.
- BSc or equivalent in a Life Science related discipline (with an element in Microbiology- gram staining, sterility, culture media etc )
- 1-2 years laboratory experience in an ISO9001 / 13485 / 17025 environment (essential)
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Driven & motivated to learn new skills