Laboratory Technician (Chemistry/Engineering degree)
Salary: £20-25,000 DOE
Benefits: Typical benefits may include but not limited to: Special bonuses for exceptional performance outside the scope of your normal role, Loyalty share award after 3 years' service, shares awards as you reach a more senior level in the Company, additional holiday entitlement to reward long service
Russell Taylor Group LTD is excited to announce we have partnered up with a leading testing company who are rapidly expanding and have built a purpose-built Laboratory on the Wirral with new equipment and new facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity for either a chemistry or engineering graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 or a graduate who holds some industry experience to work within a brand-new laboratory with increasing growth plans and continued career progression.
This person will be working within a team in the laboratory delivering high quality routine testing services working alongside and reporting to the Senior Analytical Technician to ensure that all business requirements are met. Additionally, depending on candidate start date there may be opportunities to assist with identification, purchasing and installation of new equipment into the laboratory.
- Work within a team conducting a range of tests on fuels using various instrumental techniques working to various standards including ISO 17025, ASTM & IP testing methods
- Assist with developing the laboratory towards attaining ISO 17025 accreditation
- Undertake direction from the laboratory team leader on workload priorities to ensure timely reporting of all results to customers through the LIMS
- Take part in the lab incident investigations as appropriate
- Be responsible for developing own training records and maintaining all records for relevant test methods
- Takes part in routine proficiency testing scheme
- Support training and help develop and support other technicians who start in the techniques and methods used
- Be responsible for reporting any Health and Safety issues, hazards, near misses or incidents using the lab reporting procedures.
- Have a clear awareness on the company's quality manual-understanding the quality processes
- Responsible for keeping the laboratory safe and maintaining excellent house keeping standards
- Conduct safety audits of laboratory areas
- BSc or equivalent in Chemistry, Petrochemical or Engineering type degree (minimum of 2:1)
- Previous industry experience would be very desirable
- Understanding of fuels, petrochemical (desirable)
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Welcome training and development
- Strong IT, LIMS and Microsoft skills
- Solid - interpersonal skills