Role: Laboratory Technician / Preparation Sampling Team
Location: Cambridge / Newmarket
Salary: Entry Level
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Lab Technician to join our clients testing company within the Sampling Team based in Cambridge. This is a good opportunity to work on days 9-5pm. This will suit someone who has a passion for science and good chemistry knowledge.
- Preparation of samples as identified from work schedules
- Drying and Grinding samples
- Preparing dry sample extractions and wet sample extractions
- Preparing metal digest
- Cleaning of chemical vessels
- Assistance in the generation of accurate and timely sample and QC data in line with client expectations and our clients Quality Systems
- Assistance in maintenance programmes for the Departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the Department. Maintenance procedures shall ensure that instruments are kept in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
- Maintenance, storage and labelling of adequate stocks of reagents and standards.
- Consultation with the Laboratory Manager or Team Leader when turnaround deadlines cannot be met.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Worked in a fast paced environment
- Seeking a challenging position
- Passion for science
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- High volume sample preparing Keywords: Laboratory sampling, UKAS, ISO 17025, chemicals, Lab assistant, testing