Role: Laboratory Technician (trainee engineer level) Location: Hampshire
Hours: Monday - Friday days 08:30am-17:00pm (37.5 hours)
Benefits: Discretionary bonus (up to 10%), life assurance, private medical health care, 25 days holiday increasing with each years' service up to 30 days
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity to join our clients Global Testing and Certification Company working at one of their prestigious, Consumer Technology customer sites within their EMC team of 14. Our client is looking for a candidate with a Scientific/Engineering background who has an extremely hard work ethic and is excellent at problem solving. This role offers full training and is a chance to work for a very fun team who have a fantastic culture and environment.
- Follow EMC test plans and datasheets.
- Evaluate test performance and sample operation to evaluate test results.
- Complete test reports accurately ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage own project activities.
- Problem solve and be able to efficiently understand customer samples on a case-by-case scenario.
- Regularly communicate with customers during set up
- Understand specific EMC test standards
- Complete appropriate tests for different customer samples
- Perform maintenance and calibrations of designated test equipment
- Educated to a degree or other level 5 qualification (engineering, maths, physics, scientific preferable)
- Electrical knowledge
- Previous knowledge of EMC would be desirable
- Excellent problem solver
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Comfortable working within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills