My client is a property development company based in North Wales. They work across a diverse range of building projects including new build homes in Cheshire, Shropshire and Liverpool.
Due to continued success they are looking to appoint a Land Manager to the team.
The company work as a developer and employ a main contractor to build their developments.
Overall responsibility As part of the Land and Planning team you will be responsible for inspecting, appraising and securing land opportunities identified by the Planning and Development team through the site search process. In addition to securing land rights you will also support the Planning and Development team in delivering consented residential development sites, with a particular focus on landowner liaison. Day to day responsibilities will include: pro-actively identifying and appraising new land opportunities within the agreed search areas for both the housebuilder and strategic land parts of the business, negotiating with land or property owners their agents and solicitors to secure land rights, including carrying out due diligence, undertaking feasibility studies completing financial model, preparing offers, contract negotiation and monitoring of the acquisition legal process through to contract placement.
Key areas of responsibility
- Appraise land opportunities identified by the Planning and Development Team;
- Pro-actively identify and appraise other land opportunities in the search areas identified by the Planning and Development team;
- Identify and approach land owners or their agents;
- Due-diligence, identify key constraints and risks;
- Feasibility studies and financial modelling of both house build opportunities and strategic land;
- Formulate offers and negotiate option agreement and conditional purchase terms;
- Support the legal process to acquire sites;
- Assist with the disposal of consented strategic land sites delivered by the Planning and Development Team.
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline;
- Possess relevant qualifications and experience in residential property site identification and acquisition, possibly RICS qualified or similar or in the advanced stages of obtaining chartered status.;
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge, understanding and experience of land acquisition, reviewing title documents, negotiating option agreements, conditional contracts and purchase agreements.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative and make decisions;
- Demonstrable track record in acquisition of land rights;
- A confident negotiator;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers;
- Possess a full driving license;
- Flexible attitude to work and the ability to travel throughout the UK;.
- Well organised
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this role please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560.