Position: Land Manager
Salary: Competitive + Company Benefits and Bonus schemes
My client are a 5 Star housing contractor, due to an increase in developments they are looking to increase their management team with a Land Manager. The Land Manager they are looking for will have proven experience in identifying development sites across the division in order for land targets to be met and has worked closely with the Planning Team in order to ensure that maximum contribution is achieved from all land purchases.
The successful Land manager will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land/sites for residential development, on the most cost effective basis, and for working closely with the Planning team to support the strategic land objectives by achieving and maintaining a quality land bank.
- Actively contribute to the development of the mixed-use strategy of the Group and maintain close links in this regard with the client's Commercial team.
- Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the Division's geographical area, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the Clients land appraisal system and the various internal procedures involved in investigating, reporting and ultimately purchasing land.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of the planning system and, working closely with the planning and technical teams and external consultants, be highly involved in the planning process, monitoring site progress through to implementable consent.
- Enter negotiations and formulate offers to pursue land opportunities in order to meet the Division's and Group's land requirements; and within annual budgets and forecasts.
- With minimal day-to-day supervision, you will be responsible for acquiring land opportunities within a specified geographical area and developing a detailed knowledge of Development opportunities and competitor activity within the area.
- Ensure develop and maintain a thorough understanding of legal issues relating to contracts, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of all technical aspects covering the acquisition and development of land and associated legal agreements.
- Formulate offers, co-ordinate investigations, negotiate with local authorities, agents and lawyers, in order to produce contracts for signature. With minimum supervision, for conditional contracts and options, responsible for overseeing the project until legal completion and for liaising with all internal departments accordingly.
- Act as a conduit between the Land and other internal departments to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
The successful candidate will already be an established land manager or a senior Land Buyer looking for a step up to a manager's position. Ideally working for a house builder and have a good contact base in the North West of England. You shall possess communication, negotiation and research and data analysis skills as well as being proficient in IT and report writing.
This is an excellent job opportunity to join a growing specialists housing contractor. To apply, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0151 737 5560.