Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Lead Control Engineer in Stafford.
The role is working for one of the UK's leading independent providers of Electrical Control Systems including MCC's, Switchgear, Systems Integration, Telemetry and Industrial Networks.
The successful candidate will work closely with key clients to ensure their requirements are understood and met. This role is responsible for the technical delivery of a project and will involve leading the team members involved.
* Site surveys to evaluate system requirements and interfaces
* Production of functional design specifications from clients requirements (URS, surveys etc)
* Configuration of PLC, HMI and SCADA packages, iFAT, cFAT, SAT and site based commissioning
* May be required to technically lead projects
* Monitor/plan projects to ensure completed to time and budget (in conjunction with PM)
* Report on progress to Manager, highlight concerns
* Ensure Engineering and Design activities meets all national and international standards, clients requirements and 'best' engineering practice
* PLC / SCADA / HMI configuration, testing and commissioning
* Network / communication design, configuration and commissioning
* Ensure adherence to quality systems
* Introduce latest developments/practices where appropriate
Experience and Qualifications
* HNC/Degree qualified in relevant engineering subject
* 5yrs min experience in system integration environment
* Siemens PLC family experience highly desirable
* Legacy PLC experience desirable
* Profibus, Ethernet, communications experience highly desirable
* Rockwell experience