Lead EC&I Design Engineer
RTG are looking to recruit an enthusiastic & experienced Lead EC&I Design Engineer to work for one of the UK's Leading System Integrators.
The role can be permanent or contract (inside IR35) with substantial time working from home.
The role involves the full project lifecycle of electrical control systems primarily focused on cabling, MCCs, Drives & Controls, Switchgear, PLC's and related EC & I equipment within the Nuclear Industry.
The work will involve travel with the possibility of some periods away at customer sites carrying out the surveys and designing solutions collaboratively with the customer.
* Competence in designing electrical control panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), I/O Comms cards, UPS's etc
* Competence in Motor Control Centres, Motor Control Gear and Instrumentation sufficient to specify MCC's or LV Switchboards by producing the appropriate document suites and assist with procurement by production of tender enquiries, tender return assessments and development of relationships through to order, including an understanding of commercial wrap and administration of subcontracts
* Competence in design of electrical cabling (power and C & I) and containment systems, including surveying and identifying routes, cable calculations for sizing and earthing/protection and assist with procurement by production of tender enquiries, tender return assessments and development of relationships through to order, including an understanding of commercial wrap and administration of subcontracts
* Ability to interpret Customers specifications and develop solutions to fulfil those requirements and prepare suitable documentation and drawings to convey design intent.
* Lead/supervise site works following Health and Safety guidelines etc.
* Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 5 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation in the above areas of expertise
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
* It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is required as is integration with and mentoring of other team members
* Ability to lead, mentor and develop engineers and technicians
* A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation
* Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
* Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs
* Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
* Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
* Thorough understanding of DSEAR Regulations and Hazardous area applications.
* Ability to work to deadlines and budgets.
* BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
* MEng qualification
* Will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
* TUV or equivalent Functional Safety certification
* COMPEX 5 & 6 certification
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
* Ability to undertake minor electrical works on sites
* Experience of thermal or hydro power station E C & I systems or other utility based experience would be acceptable.