The Lead Engineer should be commercially aware and be capable of managing subcontracts such as MCC or Electrical Installation Subcontracts.
The work may involve travel with the possibility of some periods away at customer sites carrying out surveys, designing solutions, supervision f subcontractors and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Motor Control Centres, Motor Control Gear or Switchgear
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems, including cable sizing for power and earthing conductors
- Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), LV modular distribution systems incorporating MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Managing subcontracts (MCC's, E & I Installation, standby power generation etc.)
- A working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation
- Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regs
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
- Awareness of Hazardous Area applications (ATEX)
- Awareness of Functional Safety applications BSEN 61508
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
- Experience of at least 6 years post grad exp or 8 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
- Knowledge of Instrumentation