Senior/Lead Engineer (FMCG Manufacturing) Days Based
We have a superb new opportunity for an established engineer who has the ability to work on his own initiative and is confident in leading, maintaining and developing a manufacturing facility. Reporting into the Head of Operations, you will have the opportunity to develop the manufacturing facility and create your own plan.
The ideal candidate will be from an FMCG arena and be motivated to develop the engineering function and grown the team. Alongside involvement with key capex projects the role will include leading everything with regards to maintenance of assets and facilities. Ideally require someone who is logical and hardworking and who could create a difference by seeing 'problems' as opportunities. This right person will have a strong mechanical and electrical background and who is keen of getting things done and come up with constructive ideas
This role is based within a integrated Production and Warehousing and Offices and will require
- Supervise and lead maintenance across the site and oversee all integral activities
- Oversee the production planning, production process and cost effectiveness
- Maintain high engineering standards and ensure high uptime on all machinery
- Liaise with all relevant departments and work together towards continuous improvement
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance
- Ensure that all documentation and assets being used are in line with BRC requirements
- Responsible for the sourcing and evaluating capital equipment and proposing capex projects
- Create and implement Key Performance indicators (KPIs) and regular reporting
The successful candidate will require someone to have an excellent understanding of food manufacturing and has considerable experience in managing plant and equipment and facilities maintenance
The role will require someone who is willing to challenge working practices and ensure that he/she is seen as being a 'leader' who can make a difference and is respected by senior management and other colleagues.
The successful candidate will be working directly with the Head of Operations in identifying better ways of working and implement a 'continuous improvement' culture. Alongside implement a strong PPM schedule and identify areas for improvement.
The role is a great opportunity to build and develop a career within engineering management.
Apply via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 0151 304 7036 to discuss further.