Lead Hardware Design Engineer
Russell Taylor are currently seeking a Lead Hardware Design Engineer to work for a System Integrator in Telford. The company have full design, manufacturing and test facilities; and operate in several industries including the metals, material handling, automotive, marine and energy sector.
* To ensure that CAD design is efficiently and effectively applied to all Company projects
* To carry out detailed electrical hardware design, ensuring adherence to all appropriate industry standards and regulations and in accordance with customer specifications.
* Provide a high quality service to customers, whilst delivering CAD drawings in line with the Company's philosophy.
* Maintain the Company's reputation as a leading edge systems integrator.
Responsibilities of the Lead Hardware Design Engineer:
* Supervision and mentoring of junior CAD designers.
* Development and improvement of the Company CAD and hardware design resource on a continuous basis.
* Production of accurate electrical drawings, panel layout drawings, system architecture drawings and cable schedules for the Project Engineering Department.
* Comply with all relevant standards and work to the Company's ISO9001:2008 registered quality procedures.
* Developing and managing the technical practice and hardware standards of the Company.
* Ensuring design and production standards and processes are observed and applied.
* Identifying and assessing the value and capability of new or additional technologies
* Identifying, providing and facilitating solutions to engineering and technical problems.
* Give help and guidance to others on all matters concerning the design and production of the equipment.
* Produce Drawings which are economical to the needs of the job in hand and are economical in the use of materials and methods of production available.
* High level of experience in the detailed design of industrial drive and control systems across a wide range of industrial applications, including working in the system integration sector.
* Good working knowledge of variable speed drives, PLCs and SCADA/HMI products
* Ability to work either individually or as part of a team.
* Able to manage and document the information required for a successful project.
Desirable Product Experience:
CAD Software Packages
o AutoCAD Electrical
* £50k - £55k per annum plus some excellent benefits