Lead Principal Scientist - Method Development Chemist
Location: North Yorkshire, occasional travel
Benefits: Pension, Annual Bonus scheme, buy back holiday scheme/ option
Our Client, a multi sited testing company who are expanding at a very fast pace; is looking to recruit for an experienced Method Development Lead- Principle Scientist to work at this new/ purpose built - modern site for the ENDS (NCP, Nicotine Contained products) industry. This person will play a vital role in the development of this department and will manage the Scientific experts within the MD team; acting as the senior member of staff and implementing new strategies and ideas.
A Lead Principal Scientist will be an accountable scientific consultant within the Development Science team of whom are a collection of Subject Matter Experts (SME's) covering scientific capabilities across the global regulatory ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems) markets.
- As a Lead Principal Scientist, you will Lead and manage a team of Scientists, of who have a can-do attitude to this disruptive ENDS market with the drive to create a smoke-free future. You will be responsible for training, mentoring and coaching of team members, and communicate validated learning to help develop other team members along with being responsible for taking informed risks and making rapid business decisions.
- As a Lead Principal Scientist, you will provide scientific consultancy to support commercial marketing and sales activities, to include input into commercial proposals, acting as the SME where you will be the fountain of knowledge for a portfolio of key clients. Here you will be responsible for Project Managing the regulatory science aspects of client projects, taking accountability for executing analytical plans to agreed budgets and deadlines to ensure overall project goals are achieved.
- For the role of Lead Principal Scientist, you will have the ability to work and maintain effectively and efficiently both within regulated environments (e.g. GMP/GLP) and agile R&D environments.
- Creating and validating new methods across a number of instruments and techniques (HPLC, LC MS, GC MS, LC MS MS etc)
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant - Analytical/ Chemistry based discipline as a minimum; ideally will have an PhD qualification
- Experience (5 plus years) of working in a regulated science and/or research analytical laboratory environment. An appropriate PhD is considered within this experience.
- Experience of analytical method development and validation in appropriate techniques (GC, HPLC, LC)
- Proven ability in technical writing and communications.
- Proven self-learner.
- Can demonstrate business / commercial acumen.