Lead Project Designer (Inventor & AutoCAD) Sheet Metal Manufacturing
£40,000 - £45,000
(Remote working is also an option)
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems into the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades, rainscreens and weather protection panels, and due to an overwhelming increas in work they now need a Lead Project Designer to spear-head their Design Team.
This role is responsible for developing a working design on projects in compliance with the design intent and estimate with consideration of the manufacturability, buildability and project budget. Responsible for ensuring all designs are safe by design for manufacture,
installation and life of the building and comply with the CDM regulations and other applicable standards. Coordination of the design all other involved parties to obtain client approval. Working on multiple projects to completion within the defined programmes.
Generation of production and installation information.
Your new role will have a direct impact on our clients' strategic objectives for the department.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* To produce designs drawings utilising both Inventor and AutoCAD for all projects and in line with estimate.
* To review Project Designer's designs, drawings and production sheets prior to issue internally and externally.
* Produce and check Project Designer's component manufacturing drawings prior to submittal to procurement.
* Produce and check Ikea style assembly details for all projects both UK and Export.
* Influence margin improving designs. Explore VE options with designs.
* Ensure designs are compliant with specification and structural engineer's calculations.
* Chairing design meetings, writing reports, giving presentations as required.
* Keeping up to date with relevant regulations, codes & legislation
* Have input at tender stage, advising on suitable materials/ systems to meet the brief.
* Ensure that Project designers are meeting target deadlines/ budget.
* Encourage and develop project designers to further their skills and experience.
* Assist Head of Design with various tasks as required.
* Ensure that associated administration duties are completed by the design team (hrs booked etc.)
* Support sales by reviewing potential projects for suitability of solutions and suggesting alternatives from either existing product ranges or otherwise, including attending pre contract design meetings.
* Provide assistance and product training to Project Designers on specific project related matters.
* Analyse project specifications and drawings and review for discrepancies compared to quotations and estimates.
* Liaise with structural engineer, senior designers and managers to resolve any design issues.
* Prepare drawings for approval in the appropriate formats and both issue and obtain approvals in a timely manner.
* Completion of CDM Documentation
* Prepare a design that is both buildable and manufacturable and within cost allowed in conjunction with senior designers, manager and suppliers throughout the process.
* Review comments to drawings, especially considering if the comments are design changes or have cost or time implications. Revise and resubmit as required.J u n e 2 0 2 1 , R e v 1
* Prepare initial material call offs for procurement to meet overall programme.
* Attend design meetings to resolve design and co-ordination issues with the other elements of the project with senior designers and manager.
* Attend site for surveys with project managers as required.
* Prepare manufacturing details, shop drawings and installation drawings/instructions.
* Prepare and issue drawings for construction and as built.
* Monitor project progress and inform relevant parties throughout the project.
* Continuously review the design against costings and inform project managers of any potential issues or overspends.
* Assist in preparation of Risk Assessments, Method Statements, O&M Manuals or other project documentation.
* Ensure all correspondence is electronically filed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Must be able to articulate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Knowledge of Autodesk Vault desirable.
* Must be able to analyse drawings and data to quantify and rationalise requirements
* Be able to adopt a creative but logical approach to projects and develop a complete system solution, paying attention to details and solving problems.
* Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline encompassing design, engineering and construction techniques.
* Considerable experience in a construction engineering role, preferably involving design of facades and/or structural steel or similar.
* Knowledge of relevant British Standards and other legislation.
* Knowledge of manufacturing, materials and construction is advantageous.
* Experience in using Autodesk software both 2D and 3D is essential.
Competency & Skills
It is envisaged for this role that the following are the key competencies and skills required for the job role. However, it is acknowledged that all competencies and skills per the matrices have a significant impact on the role and should be considered in their entirety for appraisal,
promotion, development and succession planning purposes.
* Negotiable dependent on experience - up to £32,000
* 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
* 8:00am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
* 8:00am - 3:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all of your contact information is up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager