Lead Control Systems Engineer
Russell Taylor are currently looking to recruit a Lead Control Systems Engineer close to Doncaster. The role is working for a leading System Integrator that designs, manufactures, installs, commissions and supports industrial automation and control systems on some of the UK's most prestigious projects. The successful candidate will be involved in the implementation of hardware and software design to satisfy the customer's requirements specification.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for ensuring that allocated projects are being monitored and performed to budget for both time and cost.
* Ensure that the quality standard, as defined by the contract documents, is met.
* Delegate and organise engineering work.
* Control communications with clients and suppliers.
* Project Planning.
* Production and review of technical documentation, typically but not limited to, specifications, drawings, schedules, bill of materials, test procedures, operating and maintenance manuals and other documentation for the project.
* Design and verification calculations as required.
* Software coding and configuration for PES and SCADA or HMI interfaces.
* Maintenance of the contract files and document tracking system for each project.
* Organize equipment testing and commissioning as required.
* Obtain customer approval for design documents, test and commissioning procedures.
* Obtain customer signed test and acceptance certificates and completion certificates.
* Responsible for all aspects of project health and safety life cycle. Identification of hazards and evaluation of risk in all phases of the project (design, manufacture, install, construct, test, commission, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal). Supported by the Health and Safety Manager.
* Assessing and monitoring suppler and sub-contractor health and safety procedures.
* Monitoring changes in scope of work or contract time and valuation of these changes in conjunction with the Principal Engineer, Project Manager and the sales department.
* Managing and motivating the project team.
* Clearly defining the project and individuals targets.
* Providing feedback on performance and identification of development and training activities.
* Working to the company procedures and providing suggestions for improvement.
* Purchasing of materials and services for your projects.
* Provide pre-sales engineering support to the sales department.
* A minimum of 5 years' practical experience in control engineering or electrical engineering.
* Degree in Engineering or a time served engineer in System Integration with a HNC/D or equivalent
* Team Leadership experience
* Project Management skills/knowledge
* SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives Knowledge/Functional Safety
* Practical problem solver
* Customer facing with good communication skills
* Ability to work to procedures in detail
* Highly motivated and disciplined