Lead Scientist Large Molecules
Permanent - Harrogate
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity to Work as part of the Molecule Management Group, the Senior Scientist routinely manages large, multi-technique projects. In this role, the Senior Scientist will provide internal and external Clients with a central scientific point of contact for projects (BioCMC).
- Be accountable for leading the scientific teams to ensure that Client requirements and deliverables are met. This involves
- discussion with the Client to design proposals, working with the Project management department
- Communicate with the QC section managers and oversight of scientific progress of projects to ensure the successful, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and completion of projects.
- To navigate the regulatory framework to ensure that the client programs are conducted to meet the defined milestones along the drug development pathway with scientific integrity.
- Candidate is expected to have a working knowledge of all methodologies for a client project.
- They will write protocols and reports using the QC scientist approved data that fulfils the protocol design and all regulatory expectations.
- Communicate with internal and external project teams, departmental management and the client to ensure effective scientific progress throughout the life cycle of a project in partnership with the Project Management Organisation.
- Expected to communicate the scientific and regulatory framework of a project that builds a team to understand and delivers the drug development milestones.
- The individual will identify and communicate scientific and regulatory developments to the molecule management team and the wider senior scientific group (Method Development and QC Scientists).
- Educated to a Bachelor/Master/PhD degree within life-sciences or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of drug development.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of CMC analytical techniques (For example ELISA, cell culture, FACS, HPLC, protein extraction, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, Capillary Electrophoresis, Isoelectric Focussing, Biosimilairs and mass spectrometry)
- Knowledge of statistics and its application to techniques Regulatory applications (validation, equivalence)
- Ability to get things done by influencing others (both internal and external).
- Up to date knowledge of regulatory guidelines and their application.
- Commercial awareness, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of process excellence processes, tools and activities.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with previous experience from a similar role working with Large molecules would be highly beneficial.