We currently have an amazing opportunity for a Logistics & Procurement Coordinator to join our client who is a global business and market leader. This role has come about due to retirement and our client are looking for a candidate with a passion for supply chain who will be able to join their talented team and grow with the company. This role would suit you if you have a background in transport planning or freight and you are wanting an employer who can over your career development, training and other fantastic benefits.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To affectively time and plan the arrangement of freight in consideration of customer performance and cost.
- To control the daily ordering of the raw materials and finished products to ensure the on time delivery of the correct quantities and customer orders and operations are satisfied.
- Raising and placing purchase orders for transport and third party service providers, maintaining data files to track transport orders.
- Liaising with suppliers on a daily basis to track and chase orders and deliveries, ensure unexpected delays do not interfere with scheduled deliveries and updating the relevant parties when required.
- Liaising with all stakeholders, making them aware of changes to schedules, extra costs, or issues relating to transport arrangements in a timely manner.
- Tracking and maintain an accurate record of all product movement from third party/external storage locations
- To schedule purchase orders and customer orders for collection and delivery by specific vehicles to meet specified requirements.
- To capture, assess and track extra or non-standard costs, including cost recovery.
- Log all claims of extra costs as notified by service providers and routinely review costs to identify and implement any changes necessary to reduce potential future costs.
- Requesting and reviewing necessary documents for new haulier approvals and ensuring renewal of time expired documentation in advance of expiry dates, and changing haulier approval status's where required.
- Monitoring and maintain records of haulier performance against expected service levels, identify and log non-conformances, assess appropriateness of corrective actions and steward their effectiveness
- To conduct competitive comparisons of approved suppliers rates and performance data detailed above, as required by existing or potential commercial activities.
- To track, record and provide KPI reports to the supply chain management team; proposing and then action changes to help achieve performance targets.
- Run system reports and manipulate data as requested by the supply chain management team.
- Purchasing bulk materials and arranging associated transport.
- Handling spot transport requirements for bulk and packed goods as required.
Skills you will have to be successful in your new role
- Previous experience in Stock Reconciliation, planning and managing of hazardous goods and experience of export.
- Ability to think quickly and clearly, give correct priorities and decisions whilst meeting demanding targets and deadlines
- Have a strong Knowledge of Sage 1000
- Advance skills of using Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience or knowledge of ADR movements of dangerous goods
- Hardworking and enthusiastic individual.
- A keen team player who is willing to support other parts of the business as and when required.
- 33 days annual leave (including statutory and bank holidays)
- 35 hours a week
- Set Flexible Working Hours between hours of 8am to 18pm - Monday to Friday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness