Facilities and Maintenance Manager (FMCG Manufacturing)
Reporting into the Head of operations, you'll bag yourself a role ripe for growth and get the ability to create your own stamp. Our company is looking for a strong Maintenance and Facilities Manager to manage and lead everything with regards to maintenance of our assets and our facilities. We are looking for someone logical and hardworking and who could create a difference by seeing 'problems' as opportunities. This right person will have a strong mechanical and electrical background and who is keen of getting things done and come up with constructive ideas
Your New Role
This role is based within our vertically integrated Production and Warehousing and Offices in Runcorn and has the following main responsibilities:-
* Supervise and lead our maintenance across the site and oversee all integral activities
* Oversee the production planning, production process and cost effectiveness
* Maintain high engineering standards and ensure high uptime on all machinery
* Liaise with all relevant departments and work together towards continuous improvement
* Ensure health and safety is at the heart of everything we do
* Train and develop our line and section leaders on utilising our machinery
* Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance
* Create and implement maintenance procedures and ensure good planned preventative maintenance programme is in place and followed
* Conduct regular inspections of our facilities and assets to detect and resolve problems
* Plan and manage all repair and installation activities
* Evaluate, assess and work with external contractors as and when required
* Ensure all equipment is safe to use and well documented SOPs are in place
* Work with our H&S Advisor to implement change control forms and maintain documented risk assessments
* Create repair schedules and PPM calendar and regular report to Head of Operations on progress
* Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs
* Overview equipment and engineering consumable stocks and place orders for new supplies when necessary
* Identify areas for improvements and manage and lead engineering projects
* Ensure that all documentation and assets being used are in line with BRC requirements
* Responsible for the sourcing and evaluating capital equipment and proposing capex projects
* Calculating Return of Investment on projects and ensuring any investment has a positive ROI and efficient paybacks
* Be the main point of contact for anything to do with maintenance and engineering and liaising with relevant suppliers as and when required
* Always improving our maintenance processes and ensuring that 'the customer' is at the heart of everything that we do.
* Always willing to go the extra mile and seeing all challenges as improvement opportunities.
* Creating and implementing Key Performance indicators (KPIs) and regular reporting
* Ensuring a continuous improvement culture and coordinating and working with other departments.
* Ensuring the tasks are managed in house where possible, with reduced reliance on external contractors
* Challenge and work with external contractors when required in terms of costs, working practices.
* Ensure RAMS documentation are in place.
In your new role you will have an excellent understanding of food manufacturing and has considerable experience in managing plant and equipment and facilities maintenance
The candidate should also have the willingness to challenge working practices and ensure that he/she is seen as being a 'leader' who can make a difference and is respected by senior management and other colleagues.
Immediate Responsibilities and Hot Projects
* Immediately take over the day to day management and leadership of our maintenance and facilities management
* Review our current working practices and trigger improvements at proliferated pace.
* Develop effective working relationships with the key resources in the business.
* Improve our maintenance programme and implement improvements at pace
* Partner with Finance, NPD, Technical and Operations colleagues and developing effective working relationships
* Work with our Head of Operations in identifying better ways of working and implement a 'continuous improvement' culture
* Implement a strong PPM schedule and identify areas for improvement
* Challenging operating procedures and prevent 'sloppiness' by taking necessary actions
* Ensuring that we produce 'food safe' products in a safe environment and use 'food safe' equipments to do this.
* Ability to work effectively on your own and taking own initiatives
* Monday to Thursday 7.30 - -4.30 Friday 1.30pm
* 24 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Incredible rewards and schemes to join
* Full F&Bs will be disclosed following a successful interview.
Please click on the link to apply. I look forward to receiving your details.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager