We are proud to offer the opportunity to work for a globally recognised Packaging Manufacturer and market leader in their sector. This role as a Maintenance Technician (Tooling) would be suited to you if you are a forward thinking individual looking use your previous maintenance experience to help problem solve and improve machinery performance. Would you like to work for a forward thinking company that continuously striving to improve? Would you like to be part of a team working together optimising equipment performance and continuously looking to improve on health & safety? If Yes this is the role for you.
Your new role as Production Planner will involve:
- To service, repair and overhaul of the various injection moulding machine tools used in production to contribute to the development of the standardised working practices, improving the following: Health, Safety & Environmental Standards, Quality Performance, Speed (adherence to the schedules) and Costs.
- Maintaining and the repairing of all tooling hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- PPM and reactive maintenance servicing, optimising the uptime of the machines.
- To develop, optimise and record activities to ensure optimum performance can be achieved across all technical areas, driving proactively and driving performance through the use of improvement techniques and record
- Tool production preparation, component changes and mould surface repairs.
- To react to the demands of the production lines working on tools inside presses and dealing with the electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Minimise downtime through prompt reactive attendance, resolution and recording of machine, tool, process issues
To be successful in your new role you will have:
- A technical understanding of the operation and process setting of moulding machines and of, tool setting, overhead cranes, the setting of robots and material conveyors.
- Technical writing skills sufficient to produce process packs to agreed standards
- Time Served Apprenticeship.
- C&G Parts 1&2
- NVQ Level 3
- Reading & understanding of hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic & mechanical drawings
- Hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic & Mechanical knowledge (Fault finding, Maintenance, Servicing, Testing etc).
- PLC's Programming & Fault finding
- PC Packages (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Lifting and slinging.
- Knowledge of construction and servicing of injection mould tooling desirable
- Knowledge of processing issues and corrective actions desirable
- Knowledge of tool change process desirable
- Knowledge of Plant Services i.e. Pumps, Air Compressors & Water Chillers
- Knowledge and understanding of automated equipment
- CNC Robotic programming & fault finding desirable
- 17th Edition desirable
- Ability to operate iScala & Mattec to enable accurate and correct recording of work order, scrap and downtime data
- Personal protective equipment applicable to the area, environment and process of work.
- Fully conversant with SAMS
- Must have a full understanding of CI/Lean principles and other world class manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Must have excellent knowledge of all manufacturing processes, including the inspection, finishing and packaging of injection moulded products.
- Must be an excellent communicator and a catalyst for change
- Able to operate, read and interpret key measuring equipment
This role is working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern working Days and Nights
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Full use of on-site Canteen
- Pension contribution of 3% - moving to 4% in 2019
- Discounted Gym membership (with Pool)