Plant Maintenance Technician required to work on Coryton refinery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carryout routine maintenance / inspections as per schedules
- Identify additional requirements for preventive maintenance.
- Diagnose breakdowns / unplanned maintenance and repair equipment in order to avoid or minimise production downtime.
- Install / commission mechanical equipment in line with manufacturer and specifications.
- Carry out controlled modifications to plant equipment within specifications, striving constantly for better production performance and reliability.
What are we looking for?
- Hold GCSE's Grades C and above in Maths, Science and English
- Have experience from working within a production maintenance environment
- Possess a good knowledge of general industrial safety, COSHH or ISO 9002 requirements
- Have achieved a City & Guilds in an engineering discipline.
- Have general fabrication skills including, Arc, MIG and gas welding /cutting
- Be able to diagnose mechanical problems and repair as necessary
- Be comfortable working to your own initiative, as well as within a team
- Be happy to work under pressure with a flexible approach to working hours
- Have a good knowledge of gas, steam and pneumatic systems, along with knowledge of lathes, mills and drills, hydraulics and pipefitting
- Be able to read / interpret technical drawings
- Have good computer skills with the ability to understand / diagnose software / programming issues within automated filling systems.