MANAGING QUANTITY SURVEYOR
£65 - 75K + Car allowance & Package
We at Russell Taylor group are proud to be working with one of our key construction clients in order to secure the services of a Managing Quantity Surveyor. If you are looking to step up in your career or feel well suited to the role of managing quantity surveyor, please do get in touch today
0151 304 7034 or email email@example.com
The Managing Quantity Surveyor role will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Manager in managing all commercial aspects. With approximately £40million of Power & Energy sector projects to manage. Ranging individually from £1m to £10m. Clients include large companies such as UK Power Networks and NG.
Projects in this portfolio comprise of underground cable installations, M&E, Substations and overhead power lines. You will be responsible for managing a team 7-10 QS ranging from Senior QS to Commercial Assistant levels.
Our client has a very aggressive and ambitions growth plan and intend to double in turnover. Now nearly a third of the way through this plan, foundations are set and they have grown already by acquisition in the purchase of a key power business.
Key Accountabilities of a managing quantity surveyor
- Collate, analysis & challenge Cost/Value Reports and forecasts as required, implement required actions.
- Design and implement a commercial strategy for their portfolio and tenders with the assistance of their functional manager
- Ensure that the Commercial Practitioners administer the contracts correctly in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify, mitigate and manage risk & opportunities for the portfolio of work.
- Assist with the development and training of Commercial Practitioners including supervisor / mentor / counsellor role for staff undertaking their APC or equivalent.
- Encourage and develop a culture of contractual & commercial awareness on all projects.
- Be responsible, where required, to ensure that a review of all of the contractual obligations and commercial risks is carried out prior to the submission of tenders.
- Assist in maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans for all projects.
- Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
- Ensuring a margin improvement plan exists on each project.
- Assist in work winning duties as required, including proactive release of team members and attendance at Client Presentations for Tender Interviews
- Ensuring optimum performance of commercial team for the portfolio of work, undertaking constant reviewing for margin gains in efficiency and timely resource forecasting.
- Ability to handle Client disputes, with assistance.
- Ensure that the outturn costs on the projects are monitored on a monthly basis through a detailed bottom up resourced and costed forecast maintained.
- Undertake any other work as required of you by the Commercial Director.
- Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback.
- Involvement in Business Improvement Initiatives.
- Carry out commercial audits on others as and when required.
- HND/Degree qualification
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent.
- Full driving license.
Skills and Experience
- Commercially astute with substantially proven experience within a commercial role in the Construction Industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Understanding of programming techniques and project controls.
- Proven Management Skills.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).
OUR CLIENT IS CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH ITS LARGEST EVER GROWTH PERIOD AND INTENDS TO DOUBLE IN SIZE OVER THE NEXT 5+ YEARS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS EXCELLENT ORGANISATION, PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME TODAY.
RUSSELL TAYLOR GROUP
0151 304 7034
07464 542 582