I am currently working with a large national contractor with a turnover in excess of £2billion. They work across multiple sectors and are currently looking for a Managing Quantity surveyor to join their highways business which has seen impressive growth over the past few years. As Regional Managing Quantity Surveyor you will drive success leading across multiple live projects and be responsible for maximising quality, service and profitability.
With a strong pipeline of work in the North East region they are in an excellent position and are looking for a Managing QS to work on a regional basis to support a number of key projects.
As Regional Managing QS you will;
- You will possess excellent communication skills along with a pro-active approach to achieving pre-determined deadlines for monthly reporting on all commercial aspects associated with the contracts
- Line Management responsibility for the quantity surveying team within projects and also ensuring supervision, development and training of individuals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the client and stakeholders
- Ensure client commercial requirements are achieved
- The role will include regular reviews of cost and value with monthly financial analysis and forecast meetings with the wider Management team
- Ensure procurement is delivered to targets agreed and to programme requirements
The successful candidate will display passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid track record of working on major civils projects from a commercial standpoint then get in touch as I want to hear from you. You'll need experience of working in the contracting environment with good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract, with solid capability to mentoring and developing a team. If you are degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership) that would be preferred. If this sounds like you and you are ready to strive for exceptional levels of performance, get in touch today.
In return this client can offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 or apply now.