Manufacturing Engineer (FMCG & Packaging)
£45,000 + Competitive benefits package
Monday - Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our clients team based in Irlam, Manchester. Ideally you will be Green Belt Six Sigma qualified looking to work towards your Black Belt.
Our client is a well-established premier independent UK supplier of wine and spirits specialising in providing a complete category packaging solution. They are currently undertaking a major site wide LEAN Manufacturing development plan and this role will be key in challenging the normal, and improving the now. This role will balance stakeholder management with shop floor engagement as they deliver the strategy with a clear and concise method.
Your New Role as Manufacturing Engineer
In this role you will assess the needs of, and provide training to the members of the Engineering Department. As our Manufacturing Engineer you will plan, organise, and run weekly plant shutdown maintenance, and will provide engineering support for trials and new product launches. You will drive continuous improvement through data analysis and Lean Tools, and will support major equipment breakdowns. You will improve Production conformance and efficiency through proactive maintenance and the mentoring of our Engineering Apprentice development. In this role you will be reported to by two night shift Preventative Maintenance Engineers and the Engineering Apprentices.
Key responsibilities as our Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Effectively prioritising, coordinating, and controlling all engineering maintenance tasks, materials, and resources to ensure efficient continuity of production and flow of information throughout the engineering function
- Analysing downtime data, and introducing standard documented improvement initiatives to improve team performance and develop a culture of continuous improvement within the department
- Assisting and supporting Production trials and new product launches, providing engineering support and creating SOP's and standardised training against these SOP's
- Developing and monitoring a standardised continuous training programme which enhances department and technical skills in line with IIP principles to ensure best practice in training and appraisal with ongoing development of departmental staff
- Providing flexibility in facilitating training, trials, and maintenance in line with business needs
- Ensuring all documentation and record systems are maintained to high standards on a daily basis in accordance with ISO 9001:2008
- Maintaining a high degree of both product and personal safety, particularly relating to mechanical matters, in accordance with Company, HSE, HMCE and HACCP requirements within a good manufacturing environment
Skills required as our Manufacturing Engineer
- Fully indentured Apprenticeship and/ or qualified Engineer to HND level, along with a proven track record of successful departmental management
- Five years Engineering Management experience within a food manufacturing process environment
- Trained in Lean Manufacturing techniques to a minimum of Green belt level
- Knowledge and hands on understanding of SAP
- A recognised H&S qualification
- Good administration skills are important.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discipline with the daily compliance of hygiene standards and product quality adherence
- IT skills to support and enhance processing performance
- Proven track record of Team working and continuous improvement objectives
- Experience of modern manufacturing techniques and implementation of systems and procedures for improved performance
- Practical Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Communicator
Contractual Benefits of becoming our Manufacturing Engineer
- Annual bonus scheme - Discretionary based on KPI's
- All benefits associated with being a part employee owned business
- Training and development
- Health Shield - After 12 months service
- Health checks (diabetes/blood pressure, stop smoking advice etc.)
- Occupational health advice
- Pension - company contribution in line with AE
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company day holiday
- Vouchers and wine at Christmas
- Staff Discounted Shop
- Free on-site car parking
Please click on the link to apply.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager