Russell Taylor are proud to offer this amazing opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager. We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Manager with a strong engineering operations or Manufacturing management supervisory background looking for growth and an exciting challenge. This role will offer fantastic opportunities for candidates with a hungry for growth and a passion to succeed.
This role will be supporting the Managing Director in the development and growth of the business, this will involve setting up new manufacturing facilities, increasing staffing levels, managing customer expectations and delivering exceptional performance in People, Quality, Delivery & Cost.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Developing the operations team in to a problem solving culture
- Drive a lean Manufacturing culture through the business
- Manage the operations teams and develop relationships with clients to deliver to customer expectations OTIF
- Maintain the companies Quality and Health and safety within the operational areas
- Support the recruitment and ongoing training of all operations staff
- Deliver exceptional communications within the operations teams
- Be the focal point for placing material orders with suppliers and maintaining inventory levels of raw materials and bought in parts to successfully run the operational areas.
- The post holder will enjoy a high degree of autonomy in this role and will be expected to develop and enhance the current operations team and using your experience strive to deliver exceptional customer delivery performance whilst reducing cost but increasing quality and delivery.
- Required to make autonomous decisions to make sure daily and weekly operations targets are maintained to and exceptional standard, reporting in to the operations director delivering to key metrics people, quality, delivery & cost.
Skills you will have to be successful in your new role
- We are ideally looking for candidates from an operations and production manufacturing background with experience of operations and planning the post holder should ideally be a self-starter with excellent man management skills and the ability to look ahead someone who can function across multiple disciplines
- A real People person with high values in respect and the ability to spot talent and develop this to its full potential capability, demonstrated expertise in building high performance working teams.
- Strong proven leadership, sourcing, developing and engaging key talent and improving organizational performance (KPI's)
- Be able to develop teams and become a leader and mentor to the business at both senior and junior levels.
- Lean certification and experience or relevant qualifications
- Experience of Metal finishing processes and MIG & TIG welding knowledge
- Advance Knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt Quality Systems experience
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- 20 Days Holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- 4% Pension
- Use of company vehicle
- Hours of work - to be negotiated.