Manufacturing Manager (FMCG - Bonded Site)
£55,000 - £59,000 DOE + Bonuses
We have an extremely exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager to join our clients thriving team based in Manchester. This is a permanent full time position working 42 hours per week, Monday- Friday.
Our client is a well-established premier independent UK supplier of wine and spirits specialising in providing a complete category packaging solution. Currently experiencing rapid growth, investment and site expansion, we are looking for a manufacturing manager who will join the business, share their visions and bring their ideas with them.
Experience in contract packaging and working on a Bonded Site and alongside HMRC would be a huge benefit.
Your New Role as our Manufacturing Manager
You will manage, direct and co-ordinate the Manufacturing team to achieve the Annual Budget and Forecasting volumes and the Manufacturing business objectives and KPI's. To deputise for the Head of Factory operations in their absence.
Key responsibilities as our Manufacturing Manager will include:
* To achieve, present and review manufacturing targets. (Processing, Production, Engineering.)
* To report on and archive Labour and overheads for all departments (Processing, Production, Engineering.)
* To recommend, support and introduce improvement initiatives, including volume, capital investment, cost, people and product safety, customer confidence and service, business processes, and systems, working practices, creating, and maintaining an overall strategic focus on 'Continuous Improvement Culture'.
* To prioritise maintenance activity to minimise equipment downtime and optimise delivery
* Identify potential of colleagues (direct reports and other) and ensure development and succession plans are in place and maintained
* To provide practical manufacture support for Product Development initiatives.
* To ensure product safety, product quality and customer confidence by the application of standards which satisfy Quality Systems and Company and Legislative requirements in terms of policy, operating practice, audit and review with specific regard to HMRC, ISO9001:2008, Weights & Measures etc.
* Initiate, enhance, maintain and support effective communications throughout the Manufacturing teams.
* To ensure 'people safety' by the application of standards which satisfy Company and Legislative requirements in terms of policy, operating practice, audit, and review.
* To ensure product is of the highest possible quality standards (including gas management) and complies with all Customs & Excise trading standards requirements and meets the needs of the customers expectations.
* To maintain a high degree of both product and personal safety in accordance with HSE, EHO and HMCE requirements, ensuring adherence to all legislative requirements and by the implementation and auditing of risk assessments controls and HACCP/TACCP/VACCP.
* To investigate causes of issues within the department and implement corrective actions
* To identify, plan and implement a continuous training and development program which enhances process departmental people and skills.
* When applicable, take part in customer and third party external audits on site.
* To ensure through effective control and monitoring the minimisation of both material and liquid waste in line with budgeted targets.
* To ensure all documentation and record systems are maintained to high standards on a daily basis in accordance with ISO 9001:2008.
* To maintain hygiene/housekeeping standards in accordance with the requirements of a food manufacturing environment.
* To recommend, support and introduce improvement initiatives to improve team performance and efficiencies.
* To effectively communicate at all levels.
Skills required from You as our Manufacturing Manager:
* Desirable - Degree in Engineering / Manufacturing or equivalent in operational experience
* Minimum five years management experience within a food manufacturing process environment.
* Excellent People Management Skills.
* Qualified lean manufacturing practitioner minimum Green belt
* Knowledge and hands on understanding of SAP.
* HACCP / VACCP / TACCP awareness
* Ability to communicate at all levels.
* Familiarity with Employment and Health & Safety Legislation and Employee/Industrial Relations in order to develop and maintain positive employee relations.
* Ability to maintain a high level of discipline with the compliance of hygiene standards and product quality adherence.
* IT skills to support and enhance the Manufacturing performance.
* Proven track record of Team working and continuous improvement objectives.
* Experience of modern manufacturing techniques and implementation of systems and procedures for improved performance.
* Broad financial awareness to understand cross functional dependencies and the role of manufacturing in contributing to the development of overall business objectives.
* Good administration skills are important.
* Understanding of a commitment to quality, food safety and due diligence requirements and the systems to support these aspects of the business.
* Understanding, gained by experience of Integrated Management Systems._
* It would be desirable to possess at least the Wines and Spirits Educational Trust Certificate.
* Strong people management skills.
* Good negotiating/communications skills to gain support for improvement initiatives through all levels of the business.
* PC/IT skills sufficient to understand how IT systems can support and enhance manufacturing performance.
* Five years Production management experience within a high speed bottling operation, preferably within the wine, beer or spirit industry.
* Experience of successfully contributing to and implementing significant change processes including cultural change at factory level.
* Proven record of 'Teamworking' and building teams with a continuous improvement objective.
Contractual Benefits of becoming our Manufacturing Manager:
- Annual bonus scheme - Discretionary based on KPI's
- Training and development
- Health Shield - After 12 months service
- Health checks (diabetes/blood pressure, stop smoking advice etc.)
- Occupational health advice
- Pension - company contribution in line with AE
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company day holiday
- Vouchers and wine at Christmas
- Staff Discounted Shop
- Free on-site car parking
If you think you have what it takes to become our Manufacturing Manager then click apply now!
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager