Manufacturing Section Manager (Textiles / Chemicals / Pharmaceuticals / Packaging)
£37,000 + Bonus
Days Role (Detail below)
We have an exciting opportunity that we are EXCLUSIVELY recruiting for on behalf of our client... We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing/Production Section Manager to take accountability and responsibility for a team of production operators who carry out a labour intesive role within textiles, application adhesives and conversions of fabrics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Is accountable for the management of materials, machines and manpower to ensure efficient and flawless operation, including meeting departmental manufacturing targets (production achievement), and financial targets (expense to volume, material usage).
* Is responsible for timely closure of issues through strong partnership with other department involved. Persists in the face of obstacles or challenges. Creates a sense of urgency for direct reports and team members to meet objectives.
* Implements and promotes best practises in their area. Competently uses the systems that significantly improve business operation (Livelink, NCR, CAPA). Provides support to projects and drives initiatives per direction of Manufacturing Manager.
* Strives to build strong, productive relationships throughout the business. Always leads by example and promotes pride and ownership in their work with direct reports and team members. Works closely with other Section Leaders, sharing experience, knowledge and ideas. Demonstrates ability to be a change agent.
* Demonstrates a sound technical and product knowledge. Is the process expert and is capable of confidently leading auditors and visitors around their manufacturing lines.
* Promotes Continuous Improvement and drives related projects to achieve quick wins. Supports and promotes QIC initiatives. Actively encourages others to try new ideas/take appropriate risks; treats mistakes as learning experiences.
* Demonstrates the ability to inspire and motivate direct reports and team members. Supports and promotes HR policies and activities (attendance policy, code of conduct policy, discipline and performance policy and performance and development reviews). Actively gives and receives constructive and candid feedback on performance. Creates development opportunities for entire team generating a multi-skilled workforce.
* Actively seeks feedback and utilise constructive criticism to aid personal development. Clearly expresses opinions and ideas, verbally and in writing. Covers for other Section Leaders as and when required. Acts on behalf of Manufacturing Manger in his/her absence. Actively drives his/her own development planning.
* Holds direct reports and team members responsible for meeting Quality, GMP/CME, Safety and Environmental regulations/standards. Provides regular feedback on achievement to the team and upper management.
* Operate with the highest ethical standards and demand the same from reports.
* Comply with site Health and Safety procedures.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
NVQ L2 in BIT, NVQ L4 in Management / Graduate or equivalent
Appropriate work experience in a similar role
Working within a highly regulated environment.
Working knowledge and appreciation of H&S regulations
Computer literacy essential
Working knowledge of manufacturing principles such as Lean and ISO quality management systems
Strong communication skills (Direct verbal communication, presentation, tours)
Ability to organize, prioritise, motivate and lead a team.
Keen to learn
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Mon - Thurs 8.30-4.30 Fri 1.30pm finish
* Salary £37k per annum
* 5% bonus
* Pension - EE 3%, ER 6% or EE 4%, ER 8%
* 4x annual salary life assurance
* BUPA private medical care
* Canteen (pre-ordered food only during COVID)
* Gym (Currently closed due to COVID)
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager