We currently have a vacancy within Manufacturing for a Shift Supervisor. This is a full time role on the back shift for a 6-12 month fixed term basis.
This role is responsible for production activity of various manufacturing areas across site.
Key responsibilities include the following:
* Ensures that Quality, GMP/CME, Safety and Environmental Regulations/Standards are met and continuously improved: also installing levels of pride and ownership to ensure housekeeping is up to highest standards.
* Promotes Continuous Improvement and drives CI projects to achieve quick wins and in line with Suggestion Scheme.
* Supervises a group of employees. Utilises available resources effectively to assure reliable, efficient and productive operation.
* Makes recommendations to management on equipment and manpower needs; quality issues, attendance, discipline, performance reviews etc.
* Has responsibility for timely closures of issues through strong interdependent partnering with all areas. Facilitates training and monitors personnel.
* Ensure all quality documentation is completed correctly, review batch documents and control documentation files
* Ensure training records for self and direct report are current and up to date.
* Is competent in the use of business systems, such as Oracle ERP and Livelink Document Management and will initiate change orders where necessary.
* Facilitates the timely availability of raw materials.
* Facilitate the development of meaningful metrics to ensure the CI within team department, and report periodically explaining variances.
* Provide regular information on achievement towards goals and broader business environment
* Provide support to projects and drives initiatives per direction from Manufacturing Manager
As the suitable candidate, you will operate with the highest ethical standards and comply with site Health and Safety procedures. You will be qualified to GCSE level or equivalent, ideally within Maths and English.
You will have had previous experience of people management, coupled with working within a highly regulated environment.
* Pension (employer contribution up to 8% maximum when the employee contributes 4%)
* Option to join the ShareSave scheme when it next opens
Company Rewards Scheme - discounted vouchers on high street shops
* Additional day holiday for each 5 years of service, up to a maximum of 5 days.
* Life Assurance - 4 x salary to named beneficiaries following death in service
* Onsite Occupational Health
* Onsite Gym
* Free onsite car parking
Please click on the link to apply, this role is to start asap and is business crytical.
We look forward to receiving your application.