Looking for a Material Technician to work in the R&D department of a large Manufacturing firm working in the Oil & Gas sector. The role will involve supporting development chemists and engineers with the preparation of test samples. Test samples range from small-scale bench-sized pieces to large specimens that require large-scale, full production, manufacturing techniques so we are requiring candidates who are proactive self-starting problem-solvers who can work well in a team. Any training and development that may be necessary for the successful candidate to complete the role will be provided.
The Material Technician role shall include:
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Quality and Health and Safety procedures and maintaining a clean and tidy work area.
- Manufacturing to exacting standards samples for sales, in-house testing and external testing.
- Undertaking in-house testing and validation of products.
- Supporting with product, process and equipment development.
- Undertaking application and commissioning trials.
- Hand preparation and laminating of composite materials.
- Manufacturing of wooden moulds.
- Organising and managing storage of samples, materials and tools/equipment.
Skills and Experience / Qualifications:
- Proactive. Problem-solver. Self-starter.
- Can assess risks and works with Health and Safety at the forefront of their mind.
- Willingness and capability to learn.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with use of manufacturing and processing equipment (e.g. mixers, presses, pressure vessels etc.).
- Familiar with machine shop and wood working tools.
- Experience of working with composites.
- Expertise in spraying
- Holding a Forklift and/or Bendi Forklift licence.
- Experience in the use of a furnace