Materials and Purchasing Planner - £28,000 - £30,000 North Wales
We are recruiting exclusively on behalf of our client, a globally renowned manufacturing organisation, for a new role to their UK Plant, a Materials & Purchasing Planner.
We are looking for someone like YOU who has demonstrated a strong process previously working in MS Dynamics ERP systems and who has not only planned materials (componentry and non-consumables) but who also has the commercial capabilities to work closely with suppliers to ensure OTIF delivery in accordance to production schedules. This role will promise you challenge, development and the opportunity to become a highly integral part of the supply chain team.
If this sounds like a role that you could quickly excel in please click on the link to apply!!
Your New Role
- Regular contact with Supply Chain Manager, Planning Supervisor, Group Purchasing, and Suppliers regarding procurement and deliveries.
- Must communicate frequently and accurately with Production Management in event of component procurement and material stock issues which may affect production capability.
- Ensure that correct raw materials are available to meet the UK production plan.
- Provide forecasts to suppliers as necessary in line with current purchasing agreements.
- Requisition all raw materials and components in line with demand plans.
- Manage delivery of materials in line with current production plans.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in identifying problem suppliers and recommending or taking action as appropriate to the scale of the problem.
- Liaise with other sites in order to co-ordinate raw materials movements and availability.
- Monitor report and control stock holdings of raw materials within site targets.
- Undertake the identification of obsolete components and communicate same to Supply Chain Manager.
- Liaise with other departments to review factors that can influence requirements of material.
This role can substantially impact on the achievement of production plans and customer service levels if raw materials requirements are not adequately planned and met, as such the responsibilities of this role include:
- Liaison with site supply chain manager, site planning supervisor, quality manager and group purchasing team to ensure quality issues owned by suppliers are adequately actioned and overcome.
- Ensuring that all agreed goods inwards requirements are met by suppliers in accordance with current quality assurance procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all ad-hoc material reporting requirements are met.
- Monitoring and managing MRP reports and actions as required.
- Management of local purchasing requirements for the UK.
- Identify local supplier base for non-global material purchases.
- Management of local supplier to ensure adherence to required delivery / service and pricing standards.
- Negotiate contract prices for owned supplier base.
- Carry out ad hoc purchasing reviews as required by UK site management team.
- Support other departments in negotiation of best value products / services.
Contractual Features and Benefits
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Pension Scheme
- Own transport required due to location
- Continual career development
- Additional to be discussed pending interview
Please click on the link to apply ensuring your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager