Russell Taylor are actively recruiting a Mechanical Contracts Manager for their Client, a specialist Mechanical & Electrical Turnkey System provider.
The successful candidate will lead diverse mechanical handling projects focusing on engineering tenders and contracts within the Mining, Nuclear, Heavy Industrial and Civil industries.
* Project management of mechanical handling design projects from tendering to commissioning.
* Management and Involvement with preparation of estimates and tenders and functional and technical design specifications.
* Customer facing experience.
* Experience of managing technical / engineering personnel.
* Experience of On Site commissioning both in the UK and Overseas.
* Experience of project and contract management
* Experience of estimating and tendering.
* Experience & understanding of complex mechanical systems for large moving structures
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ideally qualified to Degree / HNC in mechanical engineering & Chartered Engineer status
* A proven track record in the mechanical engineering design field.
* Preferably with specialist knowledge and demonstrable background in the design and application of mechanical handling systems across a diverse range of large turnkey engineering projects.
* Knowledge of current statutory legislation.
* Computer literate, confident in working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
* Presentation & written communication.
* Effective liaison with external bodies.
* Effective record keeping.
* Man Manager & Effective Communicator