Senior Mechanical Design Engineer working on District Heating projects. This role is working with a market leader on Energy and District Heating projects throughout the UK. You will be working on all the major frameworks and will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects.
Engineer will ideally have experience working on Gas Pipelines, CHP, Boilers or other aspects of District Heating.
Candidate will must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar subjects.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Experience of the detailed design of energy centres, CHP, boiler, chiller and district heating network installations.
- Experience of producing Piping & instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and engineering schematics in 2D AutoCAD.
- Experience of producing or working with 3D models for energy centre, CHP, boiler, chiller and district heating network installations in 3D AutoCAD, CADWorx Plant Professional or similar.
- An ability to size and specify valves, instruments and piping components.
- Experience with the creation and detailing of bills of material for plant equipment, valves and instrumentation.
- An ability to specify major plant such as boilers, CHP units, pumps, heat exchangers and chillers.
- Detailed knowledge of the design and configuration of boiler plant, CHP units and chillers.
- Experience of both internal and external design meetings, technical reviews and HAZOP studies.
- An appreciation of or experiencing in undertaking piping stress analysis using Caesar II or similar